Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Don't Let Your Mouth Write Checks ...


First, although my lovely husband has provided me with a working camera card reader, the picture of my head exploding is far to graphic to upload here.

So, I was driving Amira to school today on the other side of the park when I had a thought. Well, I had more than one. My first thought was that I had intended to ride bikes to school but that we left the house too late for me to get her there and get all the way back to Neal Dow Elementary in time to do my weekly volunteer work. But I digress. Truly, the striking thought was that this was the last year I was going to have to deal with sending my kids to different schools!

For the school year of 2009-2010 I would have all three of my kids in THE SAME SCHOOL. Granted, Amira would only be there for a half day kindergarten ... but we could all ride bikes and it is so close to the house. Hooray! Simplicity at last.

It's thoughts exactly like those that set the trap ... let's just say that by 3pm this afternoon, it was pretty much decided that Valerie would not be attending Neal Dow next year. She would be attending the Waldorf Charter school we'd been oogling over the last year. And believe me, the people at the Blue Oak Charter school are probably ready to smack my wishy-washy face.

I'm not even going to go into the long road that brought us here ... but now I'm trying to wrap my head around things like two different schools, pretty far apart ... different start and end times (thank goodness) ... and now totally different vacations and start and end days. Oh, not to mention that I am really involved in the Neal Dow PTA and will be required to be in the "Parent Guild" at Blue Oak.

Holy smokes! Oh, and then there are the Brownies ... Valerie had signed up for Brownies. They conveniently meet every other Thursday at Neal Dow just after school. Somehow I don't see that happening anymore.

I haven't even started the next school year and I'm already trying to figure out which days I'm going to volunteer, how I'm going to ride my bike instead of drive, scouts, soccer, PTA, parent guild, book club, field trips, cook dinner, do laundry, keep my job, attend the pets and garden ...

How do I get myself into these situations? I had a grandmother who always said my eyes are bigger than my stomach (as I loaded up my tray at the Senior Buffet with everything in site). But now I'm thinking she wasn't just talking about the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment