Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Swarm Season




So you may know that I had quite a reaction after my last bee sting. Well, maybe you didn't know. I got stung just under the left side of my lip earlier this month. At first there was no crazy swelling. But I woke up in the middle of the night unable to feel my pillow on the entire left side of my face. My lip, tonsil, throat, chin and all were completely swollen. Like a visit to an evil dentist. My head and neck were completely puffed along with dizziness and just generally being taken out of commission for two solid days.

Remember the movie Elephant Man? There's a visual for you!

As a result, I promised not to go into the hives until I got an epi pen and Michael was home. Needless to say, our hives have not been inspected for quite some time. And I'm pretty sure the bees are running out of room in there.

Today Rex and Michael discovered that my bees are swarming. Well, possibly somebody else's bees as well. In fact, I saw some swarms around town today. It seems to be the day for it.

Here are some videos and pictures of what's going on at the ranch this afternoon.

Very exciting!

YouTube Video


YouTube Video


YouTube Video


No comments:

Post a Comment