Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Big Day for Amira


Amira has been wanting to get her ears pierced for years. Finally after demonstrating some responsible behavior, for months in a row, we decided this was the time. I told her that when I got back from the Black Sheep Gathering that we would make time to do it.

Tonight Valerie was spending the night at a friend's house and Rex had back to back volleyball and scouts. It seemed like a good time to take Amira out for her special event.

We went down to Clair's at the mall where Valerie got her ears pierced three years ago. It was great timing. Amira hopped right up on the chair, picked out a sparkling pair of posts, got the schpeel about leaving these posts in for at least 6 weeks and cleaning them 3 times a day then went for it.

Naturally I forgot my camera/iPod. Poor third child! So, I took these photos of her ears when we got home:








Well, I sat down to put those pix in the blog when Amira and her friend, Madelyn, came out to tell me they had a problem. Amira said she was messing with her earring and it came out. Neither of them could get the earring back in. Ugh!!




Back down to the mall. The lady at Clair's cleaned up her ear and tried to push it back through with no luck. So, she had to call her manager to get permission to re-pierce her ear.




This time I had my camera:








The real story came out later. Apparently she wanted to take out these earrings and put in a different pair ... Regardless of the rules that were set out initially that she had to keep these in for 6 weeks. Giiiirl!

Location:The Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment