Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Busting Out

I was finally able to nab several cukes from the garden before they morphed into mysterious orange torpedoes. I soaked them in cold water and prepared to make lacto-fermented dill pickles. I was able to use garlic and coriander from the yard.

In addition to my (hopefully) fantastic pickles, I batched up what I hope will be some rockin' salsa as well using tomatoes, jalapeƱos and garlic from the garden. I did have to purchase the cilantro and key limes ... And onion. Technically I could have used my onions, but we ate all the good ones this year. The ones left behind have not been properly cured or stored and are, frankly, a bit sketchy.



I kept holding up jars of garden fresh pro-biotic delight to show Valerie. "Mommy, are you just really proud of yourself?"

Darn tootin' I am. Otherwise I would have dumped all this out to the chickens and kept my mouth shut.

And look here, we killed some sausage, watermelon and eggplant for dinner. Eggplant from the garden!




I know what you're thinking ...





Location:The Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment