Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Gingerbread Part 3 - Catharsis

(*If photos and video are not coming through on your device, you may have to go visit the actual site for full effect: http://turbofluff.blogspot.com/

I was informed by Michael that on the first of these posts, he did not get any of the photos.)


Last week arrived a nice little package from Uncle Kevin (and Karin!) I guess they cannot get enough of the gingerbread stories. They sent a kit to myself, Scott & Cee Cee and said they wanted pictures an stories. Today, I am here to share those pictures and stories.

First, upon arrival, we had quite an auspicious beginning. What appeared to have been the chimney had turned into croutons.



The walls were already crumbling.


The foundation was cracked apart to start with.


I lamented that this seemed to be theme with my gingerbread house attempts. Michael reminded me that it is a poor workman who blames his tools. So, I rose to the occasion and began assembly. I could see this was going to require more royal icing than what was supplied and lots more candy and props to fill the vision that once again sprung forth from my hazy mind's eye.





So, I set the gingerbread shanty to dry while I went out prop shopping.




As I returned and really dug in, I peaked the interest of Rex. Now, here is a real engineer! Royal icing? Pashaw! He went to get the hot glue gun. And if this was truly to end in tears, we were going to need those pyrotechnics. Also, he wanted to eat some of the candy.




As you can see, this gingerbread house already has a lot of issues. It was important to have EMS on the scene ... just in case.



More candy! More ninja turtles! More reptiles! More snowmen and a princess.



Now, it was going to come to an end, as all good things must.

Enjoy the below video brought to you by my dear husband with assistance from Rex and Valerie.



Well, I have adjusted my gingerbread house expectations. I'd say I was not disappointed this time. Sure, it's not going to be on display in a fancy hotel, but that was never my destiny. I must embrace my inner destroyer.



No comments:

Post a Comment