Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kid Rules

If there is one thing my kids know and understand at this point, it's our rule, "One activity per kid per season." With this in mind Rex is holding on to Cub Scouts for dear life. It is one activity he truly enjoys. (Although he refuses to take part in the Pinewood Derby this year).

Valerie has sort of cheated the boundaries a bit. She is presently a Brownie Girl Scout and is also taking piano lessons. (But soccer season is over thank goodness!)


Amira is a Daisy Girl Scout and seems to enjoy it. She hasn't really hit me up for any other sctivities, aside piano. And the piano teacher won't take her until she's 7.


But yesterday Valerie came home and announced that she wanted to quit Girl Scouts and join the orchestra at her school.



I didn't even have to ask her which activity she was going to give up. She volunteered. I'm thinking it's all the door to door cookie sales combined with the Fall nut sales where we had to stand around in front of Safeway for hours. And I'm pretty sure my neighbors are going to start drawing the curtains each time they see us walking up the front steps ... always selling something!



Yes, the girls enjoy the hanging out with their old friends at their old school. They might even enjoy the fact that I sort of hang with them as co-leader. But orchestra sounds like more work for Valerie and less work for me. Call me selfish! But I've broken one too many needles sewing badges on uniforms and could do with one less meeting where I have to be involved.

On that note, i have to run off and pick up kids now and go to a meeting of the Library Committee for Valerie's school. Then I guess I should start prepping for the book club meeting Friday at Rex's school.

Darn! I'm as bad as those kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment