Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Post Cards from Down Under



Note from Michael:

Kind of looks like any other city, doesn't it. It doesn't feel that different here. It is much like being in Canada, like home with a slide European influence. That and everyone calls me "Mate" here.

Patrick noticed that the Australians weren't as obnoxious as we expected. Perhaps they are more so out of Australia or perhaps more polite in Melbourne?


I tried calling you on Skype, but I am not sure if my microphone was working, so there may be no message. I had a good flight, Things are nice here. Patrick and I went out for dinner last night and we tired Kangaroo. Not the best meat, but it was worth a try. We did try a couple good local wines. I need to start taking pictures of the labels. I did have a lamb salad for lunch that was good. It is nice eating here because all the menus indicate whether a dish is gluten free or vegetarian. So it makes it easy for me to pick something out. We are right downtown, nice location. It was really warm yesterday. It is suppose to start cooling off, but it was nice to walk around with just a t-shirt on after sundown.

No comments:

Post a Comment