Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fantastically Delish Thai Inspired Salad

Okay, a food photographer I'm not. Well, let's face it, I'm not any sort of photographer. In fact, I have to work on my "plating" skills too if I'm going to be sharing recipes with you. But in spite of all that, this salad was fantastic. I made it up for lunch today because I just needed some veggies. I also needed to satisfy my craving for sweet/salt/spice.

I'll share with you:



Salad:

cilantro (chopped)

basil (chopped)

mint (chopped)

green onion (sliced)

romaine or mixed greens

carrot (matchstick slices)

rutabegah (matchsticked)

red bell pepper (thinly sliced)


Dressing:

1/4 cup tamari soy sauce

juice from 1/2 lemon

2 Tbsp cider vinegar

1 Tbsp agave nectar

1" piece of fresh ginger

2 cloves garlic

2 1/2 Tbsp curry powder

1/4 cup raw cashews



Combine all dressing ingredients in blender until creamy. Pour over salad, toss and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh it looks WONDERFUL! I'll have to file this salad recipe under (hide from kids... all for me) Tiff's Yummy Thai Salad.

    ReplyDelete